cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
sclui
Level 2
12 10 1 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

HyperX Fury - Mix RGB with non-RGB

HP Recommended
OMEN 30L GT13-0380t CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 25L running 3700x with 2x8G non-RGB Fury, my daughter recently got a 30L i7 with 2x16 RGB Fury. Does anyone know what would happen if I put the 2 non-RGB Fury in the 30L along with the existing RGB Fury? Would the lighting control in Command Center get messed up or simply ignore the 2 sticks without RGB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sclui
Author
Level 2
12 10 1 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Got my 32G HyperX Fury (non-HP), these clocked at 3200 in my 25L running 3700x after using RyzenMaster to set memory clock @ 1600. Placed the original 16G HP HypersX Fury that came with my 25L into the 30L with 32G HyperX RGB, and the 30L with the 48G is running fine , the RGB for RAM did not get confused.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,259 18,885 2,918 9,287
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sclui , welcome to the Community.

If the memory is exactly the same except for the RGB, I believe that it should work without effecting the RGB in the other modules.  I wouldn't mix the two sets if the timings are not the same.  You can find out if they match using CPU-Z: https://download.cnet.com/CPU-Z/3000-2086_4-10050423.html

This information would be in the section titled "SPD".

I would appreciate hearing the outcome if you do try to mix the two sets.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
sclui
Author
Level 2
12 10 1 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, I will know when the new RAM gets here, at least I can set timing thru Rysen Master on my 25L since the new sticks are not HP OEM, though they are 3200 CL16 Fury, then I will drop the OEM Fury into my daughter's 30L, hopefully they won't disrupt the RGB.

Will post result when I have them.

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @sclui!  I am not certain that your non-OEM memory will clock to 3200 MHz.  HP only builds in XMP's for their memory: https://www.pcgamer.com/what-are-xmp-profiles-and-how-do-i-use-them/

It will be interesting to see what happens with the speed and the RGB.

sclui
Author
Level 2
12 10 1 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Got my 32G HyperX Fury (non-HP), these clocked at 3200 in my 25L running 3700x after using RyzenMaster to set memory clock @ 1600. Placed the original 16G HP HypersX Fury that came with my 25L into the 30L with 32G HyperX RGB, and the 30L with the 48G is running fine , the RGB for RAM did not get confused.

View solution in original post

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @sclui!  I truly appreciate the update.  I am certain that it will help another member in the future and me, as well.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation