Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I access the gaming performance mode on OMEN Laptop 15-ek0015TX?

(I have downloaded BIOS as well as update the Graphics Drive)

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Meh_23 , welcome to the forum.

This mode should be in Omen Command Center under Performance Command.  You should check to assure that you have the latest version of Omen Command Center installed.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

There are so many of users with OMEN GTX version/ 150W charger asking about "Performance Mode"... To made it clear, HP should info the customer that OMEN with GTX / 150W charger configuration will not have "Performance Mode"... So it's not product fault... It just HP doesnt provide Performance Mode with your laptop.... 

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
HP Recommended

@Hydemus 

My machine with GTX 1070 and with 200W charger/PSU does have Performance mode

perf modes.png

But very limited options. Your statement "It just HP doesnt provide Performance Mode with your laptop...." may be true and HP knows the reason why ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

So my guess is the Performance Mode need 200W charger at least... and laptop with 150W dont have that Performance Mode... Still not clear why HP did this... And i found that someone tested it that in Performance Mode, the RTX 2060 is ramped up to 100W,, while in default, they stay around 80W....

By the way, your model with GTX1070, is it the 2020 OMEN...?? If i looked up the GTX 1070 Watt, it has same Watt specification with RTX 2060, so i think HP decide to put Performance Mode based on Graphic Card configuration... 

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.