Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

ok should i get a new gpu or what with it

HP Recommended

Is your game loading your CPU and GPU at 100% now when you play it? Or it is just running warm which is what your initial problem was?

If you're swapping out both that's almost getting half a new machine really. Then there's the RAM compatibility to think of as well the motherboard supportability with the newer ryzen.

So you need to be clear what is the issue you want to resolve. Do you really need a newer PC components to improve the FPS or is it just a temp issue which causes throttling of the current setup?

HP Recommended

If you have the money and really need it, go ahead, but I would wait another month and see what new nVidia has to offer. 

HP Recommended

hahaa... he's goner need a new power supply too to run the RTX 3080.

I vote for a new computer build. 

HP Recommended

Sure but the prices of the older generation will drop, so no reason to rush. 

HP Recommended

its my fps

HP Recommended

i want to improve my frames

HP Recommended

What game are you playing may i ask? I realised we don't even know the game you're asking about, Maybe it might just be some settings which you can change to improve the FPS. 

HP Recommended

fortnite csgo cod apex

HP Recommended

Frankly, looking at the specs of your desktop

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-690-0000-pc-series/19769765/model/22909853/d...

They all exceed the Recommended specs for the games. Except maybe the RAM and its only for CSGO. If you only have 8GB it might be the bottle neck there. Try closing off chrome and all other stuff and see if you get better frame rates. 

Do you have any spare RAM you can borrow and maybe just test it out? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.