04-27-2019 09:43 PM
I tried to change the LED lights on my Omen PC and it wouldn't work. I tried restarting my computer, and plugging and replugging every wire. I go to the omen command center, go under lighting, select a colour, and press apply. But nothing would work. Someone else had the same issue as shown on HP support and told me to install something but it wouldn't work, most likely because it was outdated (2017)
04-28-2019 02:02 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Are you using the same keyboard which shipped with the Omen desktop?
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Could please share the keyboard picture?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps,
Firstly, let's perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant:
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Click here to Configuring the LED Lighting with the HP OMEN Control App.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee