Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 25L Gaming Desktop PC GT15-0000a (4Q9S4AV)

Hello I bought my PC few years ago and I wanting to switch from fan cooling to water cooling. I want to know is this possible for my pc and do anybody have any recommendations for me to buy one. Also, I don't know what the brand CPU and CPU cooler I have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Manifico,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Upgrading to a water cooling system can be a great way to improve cooling performance and reduce noise. Here’s a guide to help you with this upgrade.

Compatibility Check

Case Size and Mounting: Ensure your HP Omen 25L case can accommodate a water cooling system. Most water coolers come in two main types: all-in-one (AIO) and custom loops. The HP Omen 25L case might support AIO coolers, but you’ll need to check the radiator size that fits in your case (e.g., 120mm, 240mm, 360mm).

CPU Socket Compatibility: Check which CPU socket your motherboard uses to ensure compatibility with the water cooler. You can find this information in your motherboard's manual or by checking your current CPU cooler. Most water coolers will list supported socket types in their specifications.

Finding Your CPU and Cooler

Check Your Current CPU:

• Windows: Open the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), go to the "Performance" tab, and select "CPU" to see your processor details.
  • BIOS/UEFI: Reboot your PC and enter BIOS/UEFI setup (usually by pressing Del, F2, or Esc during startup) to check your CPU information.

Check Your Current CPU Cooler:

• Visual Inspection: Open your PC case and look at the CPU cooler. It may have a label or branding on it.
  • Software: Some system monitoring software can provide details about the cooler if it’s connected to the motherboard’s sensors.

Recommendations for Water Coolers

All-in-One (AIO) Coolers:

• Corsair Hydro Series: Popular for reliability and ease of installation. Models like the Corsair H100i or H150i are solid choices.
  • NZXT Kraken: Known for their performance and aesthetics. The Kraken X53 or X63 are good options.
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid: Provides good cooling performance at a competitive price. Models like the MasterLiquid ML240L or ML360L are recommended.

Custom Water Cooling Loops:

• EK Water Blocks: High-quality components but require more time and knowledge to install.
  • Thermaltake Pacific: Offers a range of components for building custom loops.

Installation Tips

1. Check Compatibility: Before purchasing, confirm that the cooler fits your case and is compatible with your CPU socket.
  2. Follow Instructions: AIO coolers usually come with detailed installation instructions. Ensure you follow these carefully.
  3. Monitor Temps: After installation, monitor your CPU temperatures to ensure the new cooling system is working effectively.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Manifico,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Upgrading to a water cooling system can be a great way to improve cooling performance and reduce noise. Here’s a guide to help you with this upgrade.

Compatibility Check

Case Size and Mounting: Ensure your HP Omen 25L case can accommodate a water cooling system. Most water coolers come in two main types: all-in-one (AIO) and custom loops. The HP Omen 25L case might support AIO coolers, but you’ll need to check the radiator size that fits in your case (e.g., 120mm, 240mm, 360mm).

CPU Socket Compatibility: Check which CPU socket your motherboard uses to ensure compatibility with the water cooler. You can find this information in your motherboard's manual or by checking your current CPU cooler. Most water coolers will list supported socket types in their specifications.

Finding Your CPU and Cooler

Check Your Current CPU:

• Windows: Open the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), go to the "Performance" tab, and select "CPU" to see your processor details.
  • BIOS/UEFI: Reboot your PC and enter BIOS/UEFI setup (usually by pressing Del, F2, or Esc during startup) to check your CPU information.

Check Your Current CPU Cooler:

• Visual Inspection: Open your PC case and look at the CPU cooler. It may have a label or branding on it.
  • Software: Some system monitoring software can provide details about the cooler if it’s connected to the motherboard’s sensors.

Recommendations for Water Coolers

All-in-One (AIO) Coolers:

• Corsair Hydro Series: Popular for reliability and ease of installation. Models like the Corsair H100i or H150i are solid choices.
  • NZXT Kraken: Known for their performance and aesthetics. The Kraken X53 or X63 are good options.
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid: Provides good cooling performance at a competitive price. Models like the MasterLiquid ML240L or ML360L are recommended.

Custom Water Cooling Loops:

• EK Water Blocks: High-quality components but require more time and knowledge to install.
  • Thermaltake Pacific: Offers a range of components for building custom loops.

Installation Tips

1. Check Compatibility: Before purchasing, confirm that the cooler fits your case and is compatible with your CPU socket.
  2. Follow Instructions: AIO coolers usually come with detailed installation instructions. Ensure you follow these carefully.
  3. Monitor Temps: After installation, monitor your CPU temperatures to ensure the new cooling system is working effectively.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.