Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
510-p050a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Helo guys 

i am just wondering if my hp 510-p050a can be upgradable?, i wanted to put a gtx 970 graphic card and all i want to know is if its possible to upgrade. If not can you suggest some gpu that can be upgradable in this pc and also is my power supply upgradable as i am thinking about getting 500watts powersupply.

Thanks

prayush

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@prayush I see that you currently have the AMD Radeon R5 330 GPU with a 180W PSU, while you call the shots on upgrading your device, HP doesn't recommend upgrading the device as its already set to run at its optimal performance, that said, if you wish to change the graphics card make sure it supports the uATX chassis and upgrade the PSU for it to support an upgraded GPU.

Click here to view your product specifications,

Use the motherboard specifications for more details.

I personally recommend getting in touch with a local tech on upgrade options and check what works before purchasing it.

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i am sorry if i am disturbing you 

can you please list out some of the graphic card that supports my system and can i make my pc a gaming pc? and what do you mean by HP doesn't recommend upgrading the device as its already set to run at its optimal performance.

sorry to bother you 

thanks

HP Recommended

@prayush I appreciate your response, here's what you need to know:

The Minimum PSU requirement for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card is a 500 W or greater with two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, which means you'll need to upgrade the PSU and ensure it matches your chassis, is in line with the processor requirements, etc...and upgrades are not supported by HP (policy), hence If you wish to make such changes, it's safer to get it done via a local tech who can guide you through the same.

I hope that helps! If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on the post you feel, helped you the most, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.