02-02-2018 12:26 PM
1) Is this internal hard drive compatible with the Omen 880-160se?
2) Can I install the above hard drive on the top of this PC rather than into the side?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-02-2018 12:52 PM
I don't have enough information about the machine and the specs does not say anything about spare bay(s)
I don't think it has room/spare bay internally. But you can use externally from its side (still inside the machine)
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
02-03-2018 06:55 PM
Here are the specs of the HP Omen 880-160se (dektop PC) that I just ordered:
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 8G
- 750 W Platinum efficiency power supply
- Black Interior Paint; Side Window; External 3.5" Bay; Liquid Cooling Solution (95w Processor)
- WLAN RT 8822 ac 2x2 +BT 4.2LE WW
- 8th Generation Intel® Core? i7-8700K
- 512 GB SSD storage
- Windows 10 Pro
- 16 GB memory
- ODD DVD Writer 9.5mm Tray
- No Optane
The HP Support document here shows that there are 2 hard drive bays at the top as well as another 2 hard drive bays behind the access panel (on the side) shown in the document below:
This PC will have a 512 GB SSD drive as the primary drive. I'm planning on installing a WD 6TB 3.5-inch internal secondary drive which is just a bare hard drive & doesn't come with a bracket.
1) Will I have to purchase my own bracket or will this PC come with at least 1 spare bracket that I can use?
2) Will it make any difference if I install this WD 6 TB 3.5-inch internal secondary drive into one of the 2 drive bays at the top or behind the access panel (on the side)?
02-06-2018 07:35 AM
I see its been 3 days and no one has answered you back. :smileyindifferent:
From everything I have seen from other reviewers, that top HDD cover and mount comes with the case already.
I can only find a vague description of the part numbers for the HDD mounts for that series, but they are available from the HP Store if needed.
Here is what I found...
928174-001 Cover - Top, External HDD
928160-001 Internal HDD Placeholder
That WD Black 6 TB drive should be just fine. The brand and capacity should not matter.