Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Desktop 880-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I would like to upgrade to a RTX 2070 super but i'm not sure if the card is compatible with my motherboard which is the hp8309 motherboard. I think it can but since my PC is not that old but it is it's own brand so I'm not sure if its compatible with other brands of hardware or not. Also I would like to transfer my components to a new case because I want a new look but is that possible also since my current case and components are part of the same brand?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Katsega 

It will help us better if you would post the full model number. The 880-p0xx number is not complete with X's are used.

Open the HP Support Assistant, or press Control/Alt/S for the info menu and grab the Product Number.

Then we can know exactly what you have. Thanks.

Oh and moving and HP Omen board to another case is not advisable. Your I/O shield isn't standard, its molded into that 880 case.

HP Recommended

I didn't hear back from you about the product number so I will assume here.

Your motherboard is the Higos (AMD Chipset).

The RTX 2070 super requires at least a 550w PSU.  I assume you have a 500w power supply now.

For the money, I would get a 600w since the prices between the two are pretty much the same.

Make sure it will have the power connectors for the 2070s. Check the specs of the MFG you are purchasing from for that info.

Otherwise, you are good to go with the GPU upgrade, granted you don't have a low end Ryzen CPU which would bottleneck your new card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.