Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hello,i want to buy a pc at the hp store but i can't afford one : ( some of them that i can afford is not to great i just want a 4gb ram and atleast 1gb ram of graphics card,is there one?my money is atleast
150 USD(2.000.000 IDR in my country).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi Grzwacz

Thankyou for the help,I will try to find one iat that price in the store,uf i can't find one i will probably build my own oc with the help of my friends.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi

You are limited to component choice and price options HP provides at the HP Store.

I would think there are no other choices in this price range at any other OEM PC manufacturer's.

$150.00 USD is not much to work with.

You would be very sorry, after purchase, if you could find a PC at this price.

You need more financial resources to purchase a new PC.

Tom

HP Recommended
Thankyou for replying Tom but is there another way like build my own pc or a pc with a lower spec?

HP Recommended

Hi Eddie_Wilson

You are welcome.

You could possibly find a PC in this price range or build one

The bare minimum price point may be around $350.00 to $400.00.

You are not going to be happy if you buy or build a PC in the lower price range.

I am sorry, I can't help you.

Tom

HP Recommended
Hi Grzwacz

Thankyou for the help,I will try to find one iat that price in the store,uf i can't find one i will probably build my own oc with the help of my friends.
HP Recommended

Hi Eddie

Sounds good.

If you decide to build:

Get a good PC case, decent motherboard (MB), and a good power supply. Don't skimp on these three items as they represent the basis of a good build with upgradability and component expansion down the road.

Make sure you get a chipset/MB that supports a CPU that has integrated graphics. Then you can always upgrade to a better graphics card later.

The MB should have onboard audio and networking. If you need WIFI you can look at integrated MB WIFI or install an inexpensive WIFI adapter or use a USB WIFI adapter.

You can start with 4GB of RAM and then add more later.

Tom

HP Recommended
Hi Tom

Thankyou for your help i will try my best to get the parts and build the pc.

The reason i needed it is because my pc recently just broke they're fixing it right now and the cost is more expensive than i thought,my budget was only $150 because i need to use the rest for my living(food,water,etc)im a game dev but I can't submit my work to the team cause of my broken pc so I didn't get paid.

So i will try with more budget and try to build a pc that can make games and play games.
HP Recommended

One option that Grzwacz failed to mention is to look for a computer store in your country (Indonesia) that is certified as an "Authorized Microsoft Refurbisher".  

They take PCs that are a few years old, e.g., 4GB RAM, with Intel Core2 Duo 3 Ghz processors, follow Microsoft's guidelines for "refurbishing" the hardware, and then they install a valid copy of Windows 10.

Locally, such refurbished systems sell for around $150 US to $200 US -- definitely within your limited budget.

Note that the retail price of a legitimate copy of Windows is $100 US to $150 US.

So, when buying a refurbished system, you will be paying only about $50 US for all the hardware.

If you tried to build your own computer, the parts (case, power-supply, RAM, CPU, motherboard) would cost much more than $50.

So, it's much better to buy a complete system, so that you can immediately get back to work, and earn money.

HP Recommended
Hi mdklassen

I can't refurbishing because they're fixing my pc right now,A Complete system is more expensive than some Pc parts if i chose to buy a Complete system i will starve,my pc im already started building my pc anyway so i think i can get back to work starting tomorow
Thanks for the help mdklassen
HP Recommended

>  I can't refurbishing because they're fixing my pc right now.

If they are successful, then you do not need to buy another computer -- "refurbished" or "new".

> A complete system is more expensive than some PC parts.

Not really. If you tried to separately buy all the parts that are in a complete system, it would cost more than a complete system.

> if i chose to buy a Complete system i will starve,

Exactly my point: a complete "refurbished" computer is within your budget, but a complete "new" computer is not.

> my pc i'm already started building my pc anyway

If they are fixing your computer for free, that would be very wonderful.

Otherwise, paying both the cost for the repair, and also the cost for parts, seems wasteful.

Are you anticipating that they will not be able to fix your computer, which means that you will need to purchase some replacement?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.