Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000i RCTO Base Model

I have a Victus HP Desktop and am trying to connect 3 monitors. As of right now I currently have 2 working monitors hooked up - one by HDMI and one by DisplayPort. My only issue is one of 670242_606293_05_front_comping.jpgthe 2 HDMI ports I have is responsive. I've attached an image with the issue highlighted.  The red circle indicates the HDMI port that is responsive while the green circle is the non-responsive port. I've tried multiple cords and various monitors. Is anyone else having this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The green circled HDMI is non-responsive because there is a Graphics card installed.  That port is for the motherboard graphics and disabled with a graphics card installed.

It does appear that there may be more than one DisplayPort available, however.  Depending on the Graphics card installed, it could very well support another monitor.  Check the graphics card for make and model so that possibility can be looked at.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The green circled HDMI is non-responsive because there is a Graphics card installed.  That port is for the motherboard graphics and disabled with a graphics card installed.

It does appear that there may be more than one DisplayPort available, however.  Depending on the Graphics card installed, it could very well support another monitor.  Check the graphics card for make and model so that possibility can be looked at.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the clarification - helped so much!

HP Recommended

Hi bro, how did you manage to connect your second monitor? Which port did you use? I have the same PC and based on the answer above now it is clear that port marked in green is not available. Thanks!

HP Recommended

What I learned is the pc has compatibility for one HDMI connection and 3 DisplayPorts. The port circled in red goes to the motherboard and is not responsive. As far as I know, the pc has 4 monitor connections near the middle (near the red port) In total, you can have up to four connections - 1 HDMI and 3 DP. Hope that helped!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.