Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I bought a HP Omen 30L from Best Buy.

HP Omen 30L Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-11700F/1TB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3070) | Best Buy Canada

It works fine but as I am working from home, I am used to connect keyboard and mouse on USB 3.0 Switch. With my previous computer and office laptop, everything was fine.

But now with the HP Omen 30L, mouse is lagging and same for keyboard. When I'm typing a long sentence, some letters are missing and sometimes one letter can repeat 20 times, like if one touch was keeping down position.

Do you have any idea how to fix this. I even tried to plug my USB swith using power cable, but no changes. And if I connect keyboard and mouse directly on computer USB, it's fine but no convenient.

Thank you.

Laurent

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LaurentQC 

Have you tried to connect DIRECTLY keyboard and mouse to your computer, not switch ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

Yes I did. It works correctly f I connect directly on computer.

I also realized that if I connect HP keyboard coming with the computer, I have almost no more problems using the USB Switch. My other keyboard was a Corsair with lights to illuminate the buttons. I wonder if the Omen 30L has difficulties with this. My 2 other computers (laptop and desktop) were working fine with this keyboard.

Concerning my mouse, I also use HP mouse and I still having some lag with the USB Switch. It is very annoying to the point I'm considering to return this computer. 😞

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@LaurentQC wrote:

... Yes I did. It works correctly f I connect directly on computer.

@LaurentQC 

From there we can say the switch is NOT compatible with your machine. All vendors say they use standard but who can prove that SPECIALLY for USB-C now.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.