Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 875-1000 Obelisk - 6FH15AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm looking for a way to hook up a Corsair Commander Pro. I have figured out how to get power to the commander Pro but it requires a USB 2.0 Connection as well. I was wondering if the Lighting Control Module Connector on the Shire Motherboard is actually just a usb 2.0 connector.  Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@HankMcc12 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to connect the Lighting control module connector.

Please refer to the below video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu8rXoHup_I

(HP does not recommend upgrades as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed in HP articles are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Praveen196 

Thank you for your timely response. I have watched a bunch of install videos and have a good understanding of how the Commander Pro is installed in PCs. I have read documents on the motherboard in my OMEN By HP 875-1000 and it just lists that port as a "Lighting Control Module Connector" then doesn't give me any real technical terms to go off of.Do you know if the lighting control module connector is actually a USB 2.0 connector? I don't know where that cable on the Commander Pro would plug into on the motherboard.

I also do not know what  you are talking about when you say "upgradeable parts listed in HP articles". I am fairly new to PC gaming and just want to make sure I get things right and done correctly without breaking anything 🙂

Thanks

HP Recommended

@HankMcc12

I understand your concerns.

HP will not recommend installing the Lighting control module.

If you wish to install the module. You can install it. For more support, you have to contact the product vendor.

They will help you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.