Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a prebuilt with a gtx 1060 3gb and an i5-7400. When i play my games i check usage and notice my gpu is at a low 50% usage while my cpu is at 100%. any fix for this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@DanielSamaniego , welcome to the forum.

It depends on the games that you are playing.  Some games are more video intensive and some use the CPU more.  What are the titles of the games that you play?  I will take a look at the system requirements to see what they recommend.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Battlefield 1, 5 battlefront 2, Modern Warfare. In my case my performance issues arent just the lack of frames, but rather intensive stuttering and lack of stability. Funny thing is is that i see people with exact same specs as mine if not worse and achieving a hgher, stable framerate.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @DanielSamaniego!

I reviewed the system requirements for each of the games that you listed.  The components in your computer are normally in the Minimum Requirements for running them smoothly, but they should run.  I suggest checking the games' Customer Support pages for possible Patches for them.  I have played  Battlefield 1 and COD  and remember them being somewhat buggy. You should update all of your drivers; especially the video card: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/162983/en-us

HP Recommended

I have done all those but my problem seems to be that my computer is bottlenecking despite my components matching

HP Recommended

Another consideration is the version of Win 10 that you are running.  If you have updated to v.2004 this could be causing problems.  I had to revert to v.1909 because of all of the glitches.  Otherwise, the only suggestion that I have is do a full HP System Recovery.  This will return your computer to its original state.  It will save your personal data, but you will have to reinstall your apps and games.  I install my games on a separate drive.  Then, I don't have to reinstall them.  I do a full reset on my computers at least one per year.  Installing and uninstalling apps leaves remnants of them on the drive, as well as, in the Registry.  This can cause the computer to slow down dramatically.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.