Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 870 - 119 X6F5AA#ABL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got the error message in device manager. I am not sure what is suppose to be like get the driver download for this desktop or repair?  Look below with my error message:

Unknown device

Device type:  Other device

Manufacturer:  Unknown

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 20)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver

I did try to click Update Driver and come up empty to install the driver.

So now I am passing on to you in your hands to do something about my desktop.

Please let me know about this to fix this problem

Thank you,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jpmackay1

You've been fabulous to work with considering your superb technical skills, remarkable patience and great attitude. Kudos to you for that.

I'm glad to know that the issue is fixed. 

Happy computing! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jpmackay1

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-119. I read that in device manager there is an unknown device with the location: on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

I'll be glad to assist you with this case. 

I did some research on this case and found that the unknown device is part of the Intel Smart Connect Technology. If u don't need it just turn it off in the BIOS of the PC. You may restart the PC and hit the f10 key repeatedly (7-8) times during startup and the BIOS should come up. 

In the BIOS, you might have to search for the Intel Smart Connect Technology under various tabs and then disable it.

If the option is absent in the BIOS then please perform a BIOS update via this link. You then once again try to go to BIOS and try to disable that option. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Forgot to tell you that my problem was solved  a while ago.  Sorry for my late reply.

John

HP Recommended

Would you mind perchance sharing with us what was the solution - so others can benefit should they come across similar issue?

HP Recommended

@jpmackay1

You've been fabulous to work with considering your superb technical skills, remarkable patience and great attitude. Kudos to you for that.

I'm glad to know that the issue is fixed. 

Happy computing! 

HP Recommended

Look at the message above that MKazi wrote how to solve the problem and that's work for me.

Thank you,

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.