Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Thimphu-K 799926-602 Motherboard

Hello everyone!

So I am wanting to switch PC cases and I heard that some HP Motherboards won't fit certain cases even if the type matches the case because of the fact that Hp sometimes have proprietary mounting points

So the Motherboard is uATX and the case supports that 

but can anyone help me figure out if my case will actually fit

But the motherboard is a Thimphu-K 799926-602

and the case is the corsair carbide spec-omega rgb

here is the link for the case:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Carbide-Series-SPEC-OMEGA-RGB/p/CC-9011140-W...

and here is the link for the motherboard:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05369438

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tilteroni 

As long as it supported  uATX, this should be ok

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tilteroni 

From its specs, its form factor is uATX that means it will fit to all cases using standard uATX form factor. The Corsair case uses ATX form factor not uATX therefore holes for srews and few other things may NOT line up.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response!

My particular case I chose from corsair says that It works for ATX, uATX, and Mini-ATX 

Do you think that will be ok?

HP Recommended

@Tilteroni 

As long as it supported  uATX, this should be ok

Regards

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.