Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I press F1, it doesn't do what F1 would normally do, but instead will mute the sound.

I have tried to fix this in the BIOS, but I couldn't find the "Action Keys" option.
Pressing FN + Caps Lock doesn't work.

Is there anyway to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

normally for a desktop computer keyboard you have two options
Directly using a key you should have a result
Otherwise, it's just the FN key and at the same time the desired key
Give the exact model of the computer just in case!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have a

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1xxx

HP Recommended

Hello

this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Whoops, sorry!

HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-1167c

Product: 9ED94AA#ABA

HP Recommended

no problem

just this :

User Guide

Using the action keys or hot keysYou can quickly access information or perform functions by using certain keys and key combinations.
●Action keys perform an assigned function. The icons on the function keys at the top of the keyboard illustrate the assigned function for each key.To use an action key, press and hold the key.
●Hot keys are a combination of the fn key and another key.To use a hot key, briefly press the fn key, and then briefly press the second key of the combination.Action keysDepending on the computer model, your keyboard may support the following keys

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-1000i/32480786/model/3411157...

Normally, you must first press the Fn key to perform the secondary action of a function key - the action of the printed symbol on the key. Some notebook computers use a feature called Action Key mode that allows you to perform the secondary action without needing to press the Fn key first.

As I indicated only one key should be used FN and the key
if this does not work contact the after sales service

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.