cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Wainggan
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

My function keys are swapped

HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I press F1, it doesn't do what F1 would normally do, but instead will mute the sound.

I have tried to fix this in the BIOS, but I couldn't find the "Action Keys" option.
Pressing FN + Caps Lock doesn't work.

Is there anyway to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
6,759 6,682 737 2,623
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

normally for a desktop computer keyboard you have two options
Directly using a key you should have a result
Otherwise, it's just the FN key and at the same time the desired key
Give the exact model of the computer just in case!

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem >

was this reply helpful , or just say "thank you " ? Click on the yes button 

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Wainggan
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1xxx

Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
6,759 6,682 737 2,623
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem >

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Wainggan
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Whoops, sorry!

HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-1167c

Product: 9ED94AA#ABA

Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
6,759 6,682 737 2,623
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no problem

just this :

User Guide

Using the action keys or hot keysYou can quickly access information or perform functions by using certain keys and key combinations.
●Action keys perform an assigned function. The icons on the function keys at the top of the keyboard illustrate the assigned function for each key.To use an action key, press and hold the key.
●Hot keys are a combination of the fn key and another key.To use a hot key, briefly press the fn key, and then briefly press the second key of the combination.Action keysDepending on the computer model, your keyboard may support the following keys

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-1000i/32480786/model/3411157...

Normally, you must first press the Fn key to perform the secondary action of a function key - the action of the printed symbol on the key. Some notebook computers use a feature called Action Key mode that allows you to perform the secondary action without needing to press the Fn key first.

As I indicated only one key should be used FN and the key
if this does not work contact the after sales service

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation