Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 580-023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Intel Core i5-7400
Nividia GTX 1060 3GB
8GB Memory
1TB Hard Drive
Windows 10

Brand HP
Model 580-023w

It's one of their new gaming towers and I'm running two different vizio TVs both 32" different model lines but they should work. And it's not the TVs themselves as the both run done plug into the GPU. Exact specs aren't given but HP should know what is going into their computers. So, other display options don't show up in device manager other than the GTX 1060. I already know I need to go into the BIOS to force enable Onboard hdmi; I just need to know how as I don't mess with BIOS system unless it is for overclocking. It is counter intuitive to put 3 HDMI out ports and only have 1 work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Sinassassin

When you say you need to force the "Onboard HDMI", you mean the two HDMI ports built into the motherboard itself, correct?

Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed. So there is no way to enable those two ports and use your GTX 1060.

Instead, you will need to use an adapter for DVI to HDMI or Displayport to HDMI.

Here are the specs...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-power-580-000-desktop-pc-series/16425610/model/1734...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Sinassassin

When you say you need to force the "Onboard HDMI", you mean the two HDMI ports built into the motherboard itself, correct?

Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed. So there is no way to enable those two ports and use your GTX 1060.

Instead, you will need to use an adapter for DVI to HDMI or Displayport to HDMI.

Here are the specs...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-power-580-000-desktop-pc-series/16425610/model/1734...

HP Recommended

I have the exact same machine purchased from Walmart I bought the machine to use an Oculus Rift on and for some reason the HDMI ports didnt work only the HIDMI to the video card after searching for the problem I couldnt find a solution so thats whwn the IT in me kicked in so what I did is went inot bios and enabled them they are disabled by default since an NVIDIA Geforce card is instaled and the great part is the fact that there is an Intel video card built onto the board

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.