Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 870-222
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I planned on upgrade my hp omen 870-222 to a better graphics card (1660ti)and more ram. However I’ve heard the air flow isn’t the the greatest so I was wondering if it’s possible to take all the internals from my hp omen 870-222 and put it into a new case (I have the Thimphu-K motherboard). And if so what are some good and relatively cheap cases with decent air flow. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again @Bubba9 

The point of my other post was that you might want to upgrade the case if you go with a K version cpu and larger heatsink.

Try the upgraded video card first in the original case first. Check your cpu temps before and after the upgrade. If the temps are higher than what is acceptable, then I would upgrade the case.

As far as I know, you should be able to find another case that can take a MicroATX size motherboard. But the lighting you have now will be lost.

NewEgg has a plethora of cases. I would look at a Mid Size Tower that is compatible with MicroATX boards.

Example: Corsair Carbide

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello again @Bubba9 

The point of my other post was that you might want to upgrade the case if you go with a K version cpu and larger heatsink.

Try the upgraded video card first in the original case first. Check your cpu temps before and after the upgrade. If the temps are higher than what is acceptable, then I would upgrade the case.

As far as I know, you should be able to find another case that can take a MicroATX size motherboard. But the lighting you have now will be lost.

NewEgg has a plethora of cases. I would look at a Mid Size Tower that is compatible with MicroATX boards.

Example: Corsair Carbide

HP Recommended

Hey I just took a look at that Corsair case and noticed something.

Only use it as an example, i noticed the front ports only have one USB 2 and one USB 3 port.

Not efficient as you will lose a good port with the cable. If your case has 2 USB 3 ports at the front, get another case that also uses two USB 3 ports at the front. The cable that connects to the board inside is wired for two ports. Only having one port means a potential port is wasted. Just something to look at if shopping around.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.