Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Desktop PC 30L GT13-0000i
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone.

Today Nvidia released new Firmwareupdates for RTX 3000 series in order to enable resizable BAR Support. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-30-series-resizable-bar-support/ 

The official Firmewareupdate from Nvidia does not work for my installed rtx 3080. I can't find out what the manufacturer of my GPU is, so i am unable to grab a Firmewareupdate from them. 

So two questions: 

1. Is there any way to find out what RTX3080 is in my OMEN? 

2. If there will be an Firmewareupdate released from HP/OMEN can i find it on normal support Page? Or is there a special Site i maybe dont know yet?  

Thank you very much for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
if there is an update, only the product page must be used
If you try on another site, at best, as you have seen, it won't work!
 at worst it could damage your equipment, and the warranty may no longer work

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
if there is an update, only the product page must be used
If you try on another site, at best, as you have seen, it won't work!
 at worst it could damage your equipment, and the warranty may no longer work

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

hi

Because you have to understand how the community works
We make a request, a user responds, and if appropriate, he accepts the solution.
and so the point is that here I have answered the question ..
Do not try an update from another site!
Now for your question ask HP directly, the users here have absolutely no way of knowing if so and when, HP will update!
And if it is, we will have to wait for the new models
Read the nvidia conditions carefully, it's not just a graphics card story

Installation Steps

To successfully activate Resizable BAR on a desktop PC, please follow these steps in order, referring to the expanded installation instructions below:

1. Confirm you have a compatible CPU & CPU chipset (see list below)
  2. Confirm you have a compatible motherboard (see list below)
  3. Update your motherboard SBIOS, if required, by installing an update from the manufacturer. Then enable Resizable BAR support in your motherboard’s BIOS interface
  4. Update to the latest GeForce Game Ready Driver (version 465.89 WHQL at the time of writing, released March 30th, 2021), or a later version
  5. If you have a GeForce RTX 3060, you’re good to go. If you have a GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 3070, 3080, or 3090, then you may require an updated VBIOS
  6. If you have a Founders Edition graphics card from NVIDIA, get your VBIOS update tool directly from our website. If you have a custom partner card, get the update tool from their site (see list below)
  7. Verify Resizable BAR is enabled in the NVIDIA Control Panel (see instructions below)

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Every single AIB partner of Nvidia released VBIOS updates for the RTX 3000 series cards already, except HP... This is far from being solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.