Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So I just bought this Desktop back in December and I upgraded the memory to 32 and added a extra SSD but the computer has been shutting down and then rebooting for no reason while in the middle of gaming or doing nothing at all. I have ran the diagnostic test on the system and components and everything passes. It's starting to drive me nuts especially after spending over a grand for this thing.  

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

What CPU and GPU do you have inside? 

HP Recommended

AMX Ryzen 7 3700x 8 Core
Nivida RTX 2060

HP Recommended

I assume you have the air cooler on that Ryzen, check out the temperatures while under load, that might be the issue. 

HP Recommended

Ya thats what ive been doing now. Is it possible to have a liquid cooler to it.

HP Recommended

Yes you can install a 120mm AIO on it, something like Corsair H60. 

HP Recommended

I am having the EXACT same issue as you, I got mine on a similar date that you posted this.  For me, cooling does not seem to be the reason because I have liquid cooling and I have been monitoring my CPU and GPU, but so far have seen no abnormal or high temperatures.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same, even when I just watch a youtube video, and also when in sleeping mode, it shuts down and wakes up on its own. I have one with RTX 3080 and Core i7 10700K, water-cooled. Thank you!

It's not so many times yet, I guess 2 or 3 times. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.