Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L
Microsoft Windows 11

I'd  like to report and issue with the latest version of Omen software released yesterday on windows I have windows 11 just got my Omen 30L 2 weeks ago.. Been running great. However yesterday my front fan started spinning fast and slow constantly. I thought my fan might be bad, called HP support and they want to replace my pc.. But I decided to dig a little deeper.. I uninstalled the omen software hub, and rebooted.. WOW fan runs great.. Default white lights, but no issues.. Then I installed the HUB again.. Fan problem is back!.. Can I revert back to the previous version of gaming hub? Here's what it's doing https://photos.app.goo.gl/jyj94sPX6Kr7fvZBA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you and the support team very much for looking into and addressing this issue so quickly.  I just download and opened the software, the fan issue I was experiencing is fixed!!!!

I've notified the reddit support team as well.

Excited to have my fan colors back 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Same problem here since the update on the 8th… my cpu fans no longer constantly spin .. seems they only start spinning once the cpu hits 55c now and seem to be getting a clicking noise from one of the fans … also my rgb lights no longer turn off while in sleep mode … had none of these issues until I updated the omen hub 

HP Recommended

Same behavior here for 30L.
- 0 RPM case fans until ~55c.
- Fans do spin when computer is idle.
- The ramp up seems to work (?) under higher load.

So is this new software-based fan curve intended or a bug? If it is not intended, is anyone at HP aware of this issue? If it is intended, then I'd be interested to hear the reasoning behind the choice.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You could go to Microsoft Store to update Omen Gaming Hub to the latest version v1101.2111.4.0, to see if this issue could be solved or not.

HP Recommended

Thank you and the support team very much for looking into and addressing this issue so quickly.  I just download and opened the software, the fan issue I was experiencing is fixed!!!!

I've notified the reddit support team as well.

Excited to have my fan colors back 🙂

HP Recommended

I reply to say thanks. Had the same issue. Your reply helped.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.