Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Desktop PC 30L GT13-1000i
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an OMEN Desktop PC 30L GT13-1000i. When I switch from the balanced mode into the performance mode, I have to shut down the pc and make a new start. I have recognized, with the HWiNFO64 and the MSI Afterburner tool, after switching from balanced mode to performance mode that the CPU max frequency still locked at 4906 MHz. When I only make a restart, I can see with the HWiNfo64 tool that the max frequency is set to 5300 MHz but the real max frequency rise only up to 4906 MHz. When I completely shut down the PC and wait a few seconds and then I restart the system the max frequency is still set to 5300 MHz in the performance mode and the max real frequency also rise up to 5300 MHz now. Can it be that the performance mode only start after a shut down and not direct online? I hope someone from the community can help me with the issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@EloMaster, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologize for the issue with the performances. We understand it's a gamingnotebook let's try a few troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Check for the BIOS Update?

Tried Adding the game to High performances in the Nivida control panel?

Download GEFORCE EXPERIENCE updates the gaming drivers.

Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

In the game bar, click Settings.

Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi Praveenbv,

Thank you for your response. I have a Desktop PC, as you can see in the previous post. I have no gaming mode at my Windows 10 Version. I thought when I switch in the gaming hub the performance mode, than I do not need to switch the performance mode in the Nvidia control panel. The Bios is up-to-date according the HP-Assistance software. I recognized, when I switched the performance button in the gaming hub software, the multiplier of the CPU clock is ratio 49. After a shut down the multiplier switched to ratio 53. Sometimes it switched back to ratio 49 and then the temperature increase in the game and the blower are starting to make noises like hurricane. Now, I have de-installed the gaming hub software and the multiplier of the CPU clock is always at 53. I am a little bit disappointed that the software will not work proper. I paid 3500,-- Euro for the PC and I have the most problems with the Software which was supplied from HP.

HP Recommended

@EloMaster,

Use the overclocking screen to monitor and adjust system performance. The tools available vary based upon the computer hardware configuration. link

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.