Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I recently purchased a Omen 25L from Costco. Running an i7-11700F, with a RTX 3060 and 32 gigs of ram. GPU and CPU are running up into the 80s, even hit 90s a few times according to the omen center. I've added a top fan and a bottom fan and it appears to cool it down ever so slightly, but I'm curious, should I be concerned with it running that high? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Yeah 25L, 30L appear to be designed horrendously for thermal management. During Summer where your ambience temp is higher, your rig is going to be hitting 90 or more consistently and that's not good for the stability in the long run.

You can cap the power to 99% to neuter your turbo boost for CPU temp issue. You can also install MSI Afterburner and set the fan curve aggressively to use the fan earlier and faster to control GPU temp as it starts to warm up. Additionally, you  can replace existing fans with higher airflow fans as extra step.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.