Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I decided to resurrect my 30L, a few months after it was gutted for parts. Replaced the cpu with a Ryzen 3600 and the gpu with an old RTX 1050TI. Seems to be working fine, except that base speed is reported as 3.59 GHz instead of specified 3.6 GHz. Sorry, major OCD issues here. Anyone have an idea why this is happening and how to 'fix' it? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rc_dude , welcome back to the Community.

I have read several posts on other Forums where members are having the same issue.  The recommendations were to update the BIOS and change the Power Plan.  Also, try several different apps to monitor the speed to assure they are correct.  There were no specific solutions for the problem.

I understand the OCD issues.  My son says I have OCD so bad that I spell it CDO! 😉

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@Old_geekster , thank you for your response.

Yes, I have read those suggestions on other forums and have tried updating the BIOS, now at F.20. Updated windows and all the applicable drivers as well. Also tried every power plan; HP, Ryzen, Windows, with the same results. My son actually has the same cpu, but on a retail motherboard. And there, the 3600 displays 3.6 GHz base speed.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @rc_dude!

I have never, in my 30+ years of computing, come across this situation.  I simply don't have a solution for your problem.

Good luck!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.