4 2 1 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Omen 30L W / PS5 controller COD Gaming

HP Recommended
Omen 30l GT13 - 0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
Trying to connect PS5  controller, but it remains locked in COD menu and is not recognized.  Windows 10 recognizes and loaded drivers and it shows up in system. Tried both wired connection methods : USB-C port & the Super fast USB port with no luck. I’ve disconnected the controller, closed COD game, restarted computer, connected the controller, then started game. Controller remains locked........ I can connect a PS4 controller with no issues. Any ideas please......Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
3,683 3,638 403 1,621
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
You are trying to use a controller from a video console
Sometimes it works, no need to do anything.
But sometimes that can't work, and you have to use a workaround, if it exists!
You indicate that the controller is recognized by windows, do the controller test options work?

Capture d’écran 2021-03-13 165120.png

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
RajaDaja
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I agree.......there are workarounds out there.....also BT connection is possible.  I’m just trying to help my son, this is his 1st Gaming PC. Thanks

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation