Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

So what are you getting instead of the Omen?

HP Recommended

I am on the latest bios version that just came down today for the HP OMEN 30L - GT-1380z

Smalltalker_0-1639111096499.png

of course, there is the HP BS about using memory not bought from them.  That is Kingston Fury 3200 MHz ram that is being shown by HP Support Assistant at 2400 (even though it is running on XMP profile in BIOS) and windows task manager shows at 3200 - so not sure what is up there.

But I just had that sleep that it won't wake out of, not even with the power button.  Wouldn't even turn off with the power button.  So I went into Windows settings and turned sleep off.   Hope that solves the problem.  

HP Recommended

While I was shopping for another prebuilt, I got lucky and was able to buy a 3070 during a Best Buy restock. Ended up buying a 12700k to go with it and built my own! Very happy I did. Ironically, I ended up with a similar sleep / wake issue with the MSI motherboard I bought. After replacing it with an ASUS TUF Gaming board, I’m happy to report I finally have a computer that wakes up and doesn’t overheat.

HP Recommended

I experienced the same issue with my 30L. I downloaded the latest NVidia drivers and this fixed my problem so far. It has been working for two days.  

HP Recommended

Has anyone from HP truly found a solve for this problem yet!? On verge of getting rid of both omens and going with something else entirely. I’m not sure my sanity can take returning anymore PC’s and them having issues fresh out of the box. 

To be clear about my issue.. The GT13-1184 will not wake up from sleep, the RGB on GPU and RAM stays lit and the fans continue to run. Have to remove power. I have ran through all the solutions so far listed within this forum.

BIOS and drivers are all up to date including the advanced optional ones. 

ETC ETC ETC……

HP Recommended

Workaround:
Change your power settings to no sleep.  

This machine boots up fast enough where I just shut it down when done.

HP Recommended

Having the same issue with a net purchased Omen. Weighing returning while I can. Has their been a solution for this? 

HP Recommended

@AdamCroz

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for responding! 

It is a Chromebook - so uses the Chome OS.  Not sure if it corresponded with any particular update (they tend to happen quite regularly and in the background).  I haven't installed any new software on the machine in over a year

The stylus worked intermittently before stopping completely.  

The troubleshooting tends to be very limited, particularly with regard to chromebook (does this make a difference?).  As far as options go - most recommended a 'powerwash' - factory reset; which I have done.  I have also bought a new stylus (after consulting HP to make sure it would be compatible) and replaced the battery in the old.

Any other recommendations?  It is a real shame as it as a genuinely delightful bit of kit when it is working.  

HP Recommended

Hey, I have tried ALL troubleshooting steps on this thread. The issue with the monitor not waking up from sleep (tested with multiple monitors also), like everyone else, the monitor won't wake up. The keyboard wakes up, the fans are spinning, the mouse lights up. Everything except the screen. This happened when the PC was fresh out the box, and is still happening after all the "fixes". Can we expect a software update to be made in regards to this? Since there is not a single person on the internet including you guys who have been able to fix this?

Omen 30l

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.