Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 40L Gaming Desktop PC GT21-0000i (392G3AV)

The front light turns on but the rest doesn’t turn on and there is no display. I was trying to degrade beat saber for mods and it shut down and it won’t turn on anymore.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Alphaducky 

Not familiar with beat saber for mods. Is this some type of software?

It sounds like you have an incidental hardware problem if the only stuff you see and hear at startup are some front fan or power button LED activity.

Could be: a power supply, MB, CPU, or other component (discrete graphics card) connected to the MB problem.

Contact HP Support if in warranty or have a local PC tech check the PC.

Typical troubleshooting in this scenario is to reduce the PC to a minimum configuration (disconnect all components, use one stick of RAM, one at a time, in each memory socket). You are only testing the: power supply, MB, one stick of of RAM, and the CPU. You can use CPU graphics if you don't have an Intel "F" CPU.

I also replace the CR2032 MB battery. This procedure is easy and inexpensive.

You might have to then swap in other known, good replacement components (power supply, RAM, graphics card, CPU, and MB) to find the bad part. Time consuming and expensive.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.