Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN desktop

I've had this computer for a few years now and wanted to turn off the LED lights on the desktop. I searched for omen control panel like google told me to and couldn't find it. After scrounging around on the internet i found a link that was supposed to download that program for me but i got the error message " The code execution cannot proceed because syncom.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I searched for a solution to that problem but couldn't find anything. I didn't think it would be this hard to turn the lights off. I've been trying to do this for a few years and only just now remembered i could add a forum post here. Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try this file for the Control Center.   Control Center for 870-XXX sp76864.exe 

Also this older version of the HP System Event Utility.  sp91504.exe

Then go to windows updates and run the Check for Updates button, even if it shows its up to date.

Let me know if that helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@bennycoconut 

Please post the Product number or Full model number of your Omen, so we can better help you.

Its located in the HP Support Assistant. Or press Control/Alt/S for the info menu in Windows.

HP Recommended

Is it OMEN Desktop 870-244?

HP Recommended

Try this file for the Control Center.   Control Center for 870-XXX sp76864.exe 

Also this older version of the HP System Event Utility.  sp91504.exe

Then go to windows updates and run the Check for Updates button, even if it shows its up to date.

Let me know if that helps.

HP Recommended

That seems to have worked! When i installed the two programs you sent if forced restarted my computer for some reason. Windows would say you had less than one minute left until it restarted and then 3 seconds later it would restart but luckily i didn't have anything important opened. Thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

You're welcome. Glad to know it worked. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.