Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 875-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer has a boot loop when starting up. I thought it was the PSU, so I replaced the Corsair CX650 yesterday. However, the boot loop still persists and I can't open the computer. I tried changing the plug and cleaning the RAM slot but still the same. Then I tried unplugging the GPU's PCIe wire, the machine ran and there was no boot loop case. However, the machine can only output the monitor through the GPU, I can't use it. Is this because the GPU is dead or something else. I am thinking about plug out battery, but I can’t because I don’t have tool to do it. My current source 650W source before replacement is 500W. Unfortunately, I'm out of warranty. I have checked and made sure the wires are in right places when I am replace PSU. This case started 2 weeks ago when I was playing the game. It automatically turns off after a while, and recently the situation has been bad. Currently I can't boot the computer with PCIe plugged in because it uses intermittent booting. If the description is accurate, it will turn off immediately after displaying the Omen Logo. I'm quite frustrated with the current situation and don't know how to fix it. Thank you for reading

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

PCIe here mean the cable from PSU to GPU

HP Recommended

Hello

this is your computer?
if yes indeed unfortunately there are no video connectors on the motherboard

if you remove the graphics card and the computer seems to be working, it may need to be replaced
In order not to buy one for nothing, try to find someone who has a similar model that is compatible with the power supply.
Otherwise can be have it tested by a professional
It is not possible to identify the exact source of the problem since the integrated graph cannot be used!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.