Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I moved all the components from my Omen 870-244 case to a used Omen 875-0024 case. I'm generally happy with the results, primarily that is still works. I have a couple of questions.

The Lighting Control Module, a daughter board mounted on the lower right of the cabinet. It has connections to the front panel RGB Logo and the light bar at the top of the case. It has a SATA power connector as well. Connecting these three connections produces nothing. On the Edoras MOBO, there is one connection, perhaps two that go from the module to the motherboard. Since my motherboard is a Thimphu-K, those connections are not there or at least they are named something different. There is a second connection beside the SATA connection which is not identified anywhere I can find and the connections to the Edoras motherboard I have determined mostly by inference as there is no schematic or detailed explanation. I'd like to enable and use this or find a way to connection the front panel RGB logo at least and get it working. However, the connection from the logo is different than the one in the 870-244.

I've found the connections for everything else that is appropriate and it is all working as expected. I would just like more detail on this Lighting control module. Connecting it to a USB connection does nothhing, at least with the connector I used. Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated. It's a small thing and most likely proprietary, but I'd like to see if I can get it to work.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

in my experience with mine, your motherboard needs to have a connection indicating for lightbar or something like that. from what I have come up with, it will not work with out it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.