Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 25L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently bought computer. Until about a week ago, the Omen Gaming hub worked fine. Then I started getting an error  every time I start the computer saying "OmenCommandCenterBackground.exe - Application error
The instruction at 0x00007FFB0AE94ESF referenced memory at 0x0000010000000140. The memory could not be read. click on OK to terminate the program"

I tried reinstalling the gaming hub, and all that did was turn my rgb lights back to white and the app still wont open. I searched to see if Omen Command Center was installed on my computer and maybe that was the issue, and nothing. it's listed nowhere I have access to. I just want to be able to control the rgb lights. I really dont care about anything else. any fix?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Typically with that error, reinstalling the Game Hub fixes it. Currently its version 11.4.2.0

I would try Revo Uninstaller (free portable version). It has a tab for Windows Apps that will list the Gaming Hub. Uninstall it with that and let it find anything related to it and delete those files also.

Reinstall with the WinStore center... Get OMEN Gaming Hub - Microsoft Store 

You should have the system event center installed also. Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 

Make sure HP Omen HSA is running and set to Automatically start in Services. Type Services in the Windows Search Bar and hit Enter to find it.

In the Device Manager under Software Components, Omen Software and Services should be there and have no yellow caution sign next to it.

Let me know if that helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.