Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 875, i9-9900, 2080ti
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got the computer yesterday and everything seemed to be working fine except omen command center

After some updates, it would not open. I tried reinstalling and went through all most recent omen command center issues

I reinstalled my windows fresh and it worked.  Thought everything was fine and started to reinstall all my programs and then it happened again.  I tried going through everything and gave up.  Everything else was working.  So I reinstalled windows again!

On 2nd windows installing, OCC worked normally when first opened up.  I stopped all windows updates and started to reinstall my program.  I installed zonealarm firewall and antivirus and decided to restart and test.  I got that same error message.  So I uninstalled zonealarm and the OCC is working again.  So it has to be something with zonealarm antivirus or firewall.  I am not sure exactly but do not want to try each program.  I wasted the whole day trying to fix this one issue.  Why is it doing this?  Is something wrong with zonealarm / compatibility issue.  I am so tired of dealing with this.  I really like the OCC tools, to change the lighting, monitoring temperatures.  

omen issue smaller.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @londer 

I used to use Zone Alarm years ago. It was the go to firewall for a while.

Yes ZA can mess with a program if you don't allow that program permissions in ZA's settings.

I don't have it anymore, so you will have to ask them (ZA) about their firewall settings. But I'm sure its just a permissions setting if you really want to continue using the OCC and ZA together.

HP Recommended

I do not think it was zone alarm, again having that same error pop up when I restarted the computer.  Tried to uninstall Omen command center and reinstall and get the error on install that I got before.  Also, my computer freezes on sleep.  I select the sleep function and the computer freezes. The lights and fans are still on in the cpu case, but have to do reset with power button.  I am beginning to think there is a hardware issue with hard drive.  I just got this computer 2 days ago and am having so much trouble with basic functions.  I do not think I will ever want to get another HP again.  I was very excited to purchase this and have been troubleshooting it ever since.  This is the worst experience I have ever had with  a brand new computer.  Simple things are just not working and having issues.  I think I will try to install my other harddrive into this computer and see if the issues are fixed.  

omen error.jpg

HP Recommended

Ok, Finally fixed my issue.  I installed my other m2 ssd from other computer and updated files and EVERYTHING WORKS so far!

omen command center downloaded the first time without errors, opens up without issues.  I tried doing the sleep function and works normally.

I called HP warranty and they will be shipping a new m2.ssd for me and I will have to redownload everthing and go through all of that again.  

After many hours, it seems to have been a faulty hard drive.  Even though I was very disappointed and upset that things were not working.  I appreciate this forum and people who reply and how quickly HP customer service was willing to send me new m2 ssd.  Hopefully no other issues for me.  Thanks again 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update. You must have got lucky, HP usually doesn't ship a new drive for warranty. They usually require the user to return the whole PC.  Glad they are taking care of you. 😃

HP Recommended

The sleep issued returned after allowing the computer go to sleep on its own.  It would freeze/ black screen/ pc case lights and fans on and then when I manually tried to press sleep it would freeze .  Each requiring hard reset pressing power button.

I researched a while and think I found a fix from a thread posted 2015 by Tripper_68Replied on December 24, 2015

Wherever you are Tripper, karma to you and would buy you drinks all night.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_perf/windows-10-does-not-shu...

Photoray002 not sure if you are a HP employee but I would not send in the whole computer if it was working.  I would take the hit and just buy another m2 ssd and never buy another hp product again.

It is ok to have problems but trying to help your customers to fix it easily makes a big difference. Unlike Microsoft,I read aLOT of windows 10 sleep threads to find the working answer.  I can’t believe it is STILL an issue after 4 years! Makes me dislike windows 10 more.  Just want something that works.

HP Recommended

@londer  no im just a guy who offered to help you. Not sure if your reply was intended to chew me out or what, but in all fairness, I was simply trying to help out and can only go by what you communicate.

I merely pointed out the fact that I was glad they were giving you the help you wanted. Nothing more. 😉

Have a nice day.

HP Recommended

Sorry, if it sounded like I was trying to chew you out.  I was definitely NOT trying to do that.  I was just stating that good customer service goes a long way and keeps current customers.

Thank you for helping the HP community.

I am still having trouble with the sleep function, but waiting for the new m2 SSD hard drive to see if it fixes it.  

HP Recommended

OK thanks for the clarification. 🙂

Very interesting, do come back and let us know if the new drive works out or not.

HP Recommended

Still waiting on new harddrive, called HP twice already.  They said it is on back order.  Will call again

Seems like having another small issue with omen command center.  Everything is working except CPU utilization is stuck at -1%.  The temperature and all other readings are moving.  I have tried to repair/ reset / uninstall/ reinstall.  Still having the issue.  I am tempted to put the original m2 SSD and see if it continues to have the same issues after a 3rd windows re install.

Photoray, I asked you in another thread but I have 2 , 16 gig ram DDR4-2666 and I initially had them in Dimm 1 and Dimm 3.  I changed them to Dimm 2 and Dimm 4 and will do some more test.  I doubt this should cause any issues.  But could not find a manual on the Shire motherboard.  

Not sure if I should return this computer.  Currently it is working but a lot of little "bugs". 

Thanks again 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.