Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I reeeeeally need some help here, it has been 2 days i have been going crazy with this....

my omen command center does not open at all, i tried reinstalling it various times but nothing seems to change, i tried updating but nothing, i updated windows and still nothing. checked viruses and repaired the app, YET nothing... If someone could help me it would save my life, i'll wait for someone's response.

THANK YOU! 😭

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Vic-Vc  The HP Employee might not be available at the moment.

If he pointed you to the old version of the OCC, it will no longer work as its very outdated.

You have to use the version from the MS Store as you have done.

Go to Windows Services and scroll down to HP Omen HSA Service and make sure its set to Running - Automatic.

IF that does not make any difference, reinstall everything related that I have listed below...

Uninstall what ever version of the OCC is installed now.
Go to your Start Menu and look for it there and uninstall it if it shows up.
Install all of these just to make sure they are there..
Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store
Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store
OMEN Command Center SDK sp98588.exe

Now force Windows Updates to search for updates. Go to updates and click on the Search for Updates button, even if it shows its up to date. If it already shows updates pending, let them install, then search again. If it finds any, install them and reboot the computer. Then do it again (search again until no more are found).

Go to Windows Services and scroll down to HP Omen HSA Service and make sure its set to Running - Automatic.
If the command center will not open from the Start menu shortcut, right click the shortcut and choose More... Run as Administrator.

Does it make any difference?

If still not, what version is your Bios?

Tap the F1 key at reboot until an info menu appears (prior to Windows starting up).

Also tell me what the Product Number is of your Omen.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@ Vic-Vc Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the omen command software is not launching.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Let's try these steps -

1) In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program". 
2) Look for OMEN Command Center. 
3) Right-click to uninstall. 
4) Restart the computer. 
5) Install the OMEN Command Center from this link.

Let me know how that goes.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196 HEY!

thank you for reaching up to me!

i tried doing as you said but when i open the link it says that it is not available...

what should i do now?

p.s. i tried reinstalling it from microsoft store but it does not fix anything.Screenshot (50).png

HP Recommended

@Vic-Vc  The HP Employee might not be available at the moment.

If he pointed you to the old version of the OCC, it will no longer work as its very outdated.

You have to use the version from the MS Store as you have done.

IF that does not make any difference, reinstall everything related that I have listed below...

Uninstall what ever version of the OCC is installed now.
Go to your Start Menu and look for it there and uninstall it if it shows up.
Install all of these just to make sure they are there..
Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store
Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store
OMEN Command Center SDK sp98588.exe

Now force Windows Updates to search for updates. Go to updates and click on the Search for Updates button, even if it shows its up to date. If it already shows updates pending, let them install, then search again. If it finds any, install them and reboot the computer. Then do it again (search again until no more are found).

If the command center will not open from the Start menu shortcut, right click the shortcut and choose More... Run as Administrator.

Does it make any difference?

If still not, what version is your Bios?

Tap the F1 key at reboot until an info menu appears (prior to Windows starting up).

Also tell me what the Product Number is of your Omen.

HP Recommended

IT WORKS!!!!

thank you so much, you saved me!!!!

thank you for your availability and for the solution, 

have a nice day, best regards.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002

heyy sorry to disturb you again, the omen command center still works thank goodness but it doesn't let me sign in the hp ID, it turns all black when i press the log in button and it won't load at all.

again i'm sorry to disturb you, i hope you can help me out with it.

thank you for your time,

Best regards. 

HP Recommended

Well thats odd.

Do you have version 10.0.17.0 ?

I just tried mine and its working.

Perhaps try the method above I gave for reinstalling.

Also is your monitor settings at default and your Windows Scale and Layout set to 100% ?

In the Device Manager>Software components>Omen Software and Services... is there by chance a yellow caution sign next to it?

That's all I can think of that could possibly be an issue.

HP Recommended

Yeah it's version 10.0.17.0 and no there is no yellow caution sign next to it... what could it be causing this?

HP Recommended

Like i said try reinstalling again. Check you monitor setting. Other than that idk. 

HP Recommended

i did but nothing changed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.