Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, my son and I were originally planning to build a gaming PC together, but due to chip shortages we ended up buying this Omen gaming desktop with the components already bundled. He likes playing online games like Roblox and Among Us, but unfortunately these games seem to disconnect after about 1 to 2 minutes playing.

I've gone through about every troubleshooting and configuration step I can find online and nothing seems to help. I also have a Microsoft Surface Book laptop that I can play Roblox with no problems on our same home network, so I don't believe it's a network or bandwidth problem (I've tried with both WIFI and ethernet connection via a Netgear Nighthawk router). My last thought is that it's something with this PC build. I keep my system up to date with the latest versions and drivers.

Is anyone having the same problem or have any thoughts on what else to try? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

ok

after a quick search, it seems that the problem is quite large, it is not necessarily the computer, directly the problem
see this

https://www.gamespecifications.com/roblox-error-code-277/

https://itechhacks.com/ways-to-fix-roblox-error-code-277/

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

what is happening exactly?
you say you have tried with the wifi, and the wired lan of this same computer?
I ask because there are problems with the wifi card, but if it's both, it may not be related

" I keep my system up to date with the latest versions and drivers."

HP drivers here ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-30l-desktop-pc-gt13-1000a/2100404772/model/210...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

For example, I will get a 277 error after playing any Roblox game for a few minutes. A Roblox Error 277 is a "server disconnection error" that indicates your client's internet connection with the Roblox server is interrupted. It happens literally every time I try to play.

As I mentioned previously, I have another laptop that will play Roblox with no problems, as well as an Xbox system. My PC also doesn't exhibit any other connectivity issues when accessing the Internet, just these two games (Roblox and Among Us).

And yes, I have tried both the WIFI and LAN cards for Internet access, and both paths have this same result.

The link you provided does have some additional drivers identified but many of them are dated back in 2020 and 2021. How does this source compare to what I've seen in the HP Support Assistant tool and Windows Update, which is where I've gone so far to perform regular updates on system components?

HP Recommended

ok

after a quick search, it seems that the problem is quite large, it is not necessarily the computer, directly the problem
see this

https://www.gamespecifications.com/roblox-error-code-277/

https://itechhacks.com/ways-to-fix-roblox-error-code-277/

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you for providing those links! I had done a lot of Google searching but hadn't come across this specific list of troubleshooting steps. I went through the entire list from the first link (except for the system restore point step), but I think what ended up helping was the Compatibility Mode troubleshooter for the application. I've tested the game out for about 30 minutes now without getting the 277 error.

Thank you again!!

HP Recommended

😉

you' re welcome

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.