Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec1023ax
Microsoft Windows 11

A hour ago the laptop was working fine. I got updated when I went to lunch and when I restarted it, i cannot clearly see the display 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Ruyk ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your laptop's display might be experiencing some issues. 

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

• Brightness Settings: First, make sure that the brightness settings on your laptop are set to maximum. Sometimes, accidental changes or updates can reset these settings.
  • External Display: If you have access to an external monitor, try connecting your laptop to it to see if the display appears normally on the external screen. This will help determine if the issue is with the laptop's display or with the graphics hardware.
  • Safe Mode: Boot your laptop into Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key repeatedly during startup. If the display appears normal in Safe Mode, it's possible that a recently installed program or driver is causing the issue. You can then uninstall or roll back the problematic software.
  • Graphics Driver: Update or reinstall the graphics driver for your laptop. Sometimes, outdated or corrupt graphics drivers can cause display issues. You can download the latest drivers from the HP website or use Device Manager in Windows to update them.
  • System Restore: If the problem started after a recent update or software installation, you can try using System Restore to revert your laptop to a previous state where the display was working correctly.
  • Hardware Issue: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there's a hardware problem with the display itself or with the graphics hardware.  HP PCs - Testing for hardware failures

Refer to this document:  HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec1023ax User manual

HP Laptop Starts but No Display | Black Screen
HP PCs - The computer starts but the screen remains blank (Windows 11, 10)

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.