1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Out of warranty

HP Recommended
HP 870-213w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP omen desktop that is now out of warranty.  However, I am starting to get graphical artifacts while playing games and a whirring coming sound from the tower.  Can I get a quote on how much it would cost for diagnosis and repair considering it is out of warranty?  I tried messaging customer support but they told me to just post a query here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,997 24,648 2,876 10,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@noopak , welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, HP doesn't do repairs on their products after the warranty period.

It sounds to me like you may have a failing video card.  You can test this by removing the card and connecting your monitor to the Integrated Graphics on the back of the computer.  Here is a video that should help you remove the video card:

It is not the exact same model, but it is in the 870 series.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,997 24,648 2,876 10,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@noopak , welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, HP doesn't do repairs on their products after the warranty period.

It sounds to me like you may have a failing video card.  You can test this by removing the card and connecting your monitor to the Integrated Graphics on the back of the computer.  Here is a video that should help you remove the video card:

It is not the exact same model, but it is in the 870 series.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation