Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP omen880-139nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC suddenly shut down on itself while I was using it. Tried to turn it on put it won't. Turned out that the power supply wasn't receiving any power!

I had to turn of the power button from my power strip then turn on so the power supply would receive power.

What was wrong there and is it dangerous or is an issue with to 500W power supply?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ProfFiras95 , welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you may have a faulty power strip.  I suggest that you plug the computer directly into the wall outlet to see if that solves your problem.  If it does, you should buy a new surge suppressor power strip.  The one in my link has Heavy-duty, 8-ft cord with right-angle plug.  The right-angle plug allows you to use the outlets below the plug.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.