Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Number: 4NM65AA#ABA

This has happened twice within the past week. After a few hours of gaming my pc will completely freeze and nothing will be accessible. You cannot move the mouse or anything. To turn it off you have to push the button on the desktop itself. After I turned it off i waitied a couple minutes and turned it back on and it worked fine after that. There weren't any error codes that popped up or anything. I was told that I might need to put more thermal past on the CPU but im not sure if that will fix it. The CPU is a i7 8700 with a GeForce 1070 GPU. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Bulleit35 , welcome to the forum.

What games are you playing; online or not? 

According to the Product Specifications your computer came with a GTX 1060 3 GB: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-875-0000-obelisk-desktop-pc-series/23302709/model/23...

Have you upgraded the video card?

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

yes the gpu was upgraded to a 1070 and mostly i am playing Rocket league

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Bulleit35!

The smaller cases can develop a lot of heat; especially, when upgrading the components.  HP has their components made to their specifications to work with the other components in the case.  They may even reduce the wattage required to run the OEM video cards (GTX 1060 3 GB), for instance.  This reduces heat.

I am not certain how much space is in your case, but you may want to add another fan.  There are numerous video online to help you with making certain that you have good airflow.  If you have the original video card, you may want to install it to see if that makes a difference.  The game that you play should run fine with it.  This will eliminate one possibility for the overheating.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.