Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

PC looked like this out of the box. I waited almost 2 months for this PC to and it arrived like this. GPU wasnt secured; there are missing screws thats supposed to hold it together. It's a hassle to pack this up back and return. I want to email support but every time I click customer support online and it gives me an access denied error. I got it up and running but I dont know if there is any damage from this. The other PC I ordered arrived perfect. I just dont understand how they could ship this without making sure all components are secured.

IMG_1168.JPG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

😮I'm so glad I didn't chance the delivery and just got mine from a retailer and drove it home, but that is horrifying.
If you're still missing screws I'd recommend going to a local PC repair store to purchase a few there.
As I am sure you know when the GPU is properly installed it's actually surprisingly secure but in this case not only was it not screwed down at the back it also seems that the GPU sag-bracket wasn't properly installed.

Perhaps if you truly escalate this (twitter/support tickets) they might give you an extended warranty or a subpar giftcard that's limited to the HP Online store. It seems you were very unlucky and got what is referred to as a monday-morning product (or alternatively a friday-afternoon product), in the rush to get the systems out there seems to have been a serious lack of Quality Assurance.
Perhaps understandable as you state there is a 2 month lead time for the PC you ordered, but still inexcusable.

I'm not sure how feasible it is for you to return it and re-order/order another system, perhaps you could return it for the fact it  was not delivered in an 'undamaged' state. Prices are dropping by the day on a lot of the components that are in your Omen, so you'd probably be cheaper off re-ordering the same PC or even a slightly better one. <-- This is however a massive pain.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.