Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0013dx
Microsoft Windows 11

So I got a Hp Pavilion Gaming laptop and it just started doing this and I feel lost. Everytime I go to log in with my pin I get "something when wrong and your pin is unavailable (code 0x8007007f). I tried setting up the password and it just goes back to the main screen. I tried I forgot my password but it won't let me click it. It won't let me reset my computer and it won't let me uninstall any updates. I also tried startup repair and it says it cant fix it. All I got is my one Microsoft account on this and nothing has worked, I feel lost.. Please if anyone can help me it would be so much appreciated, thank you..

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@C_caden23,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop not able to reset.

I have a few recommendations 

• Try doing Recovery from F11. Turn off the PC and keep tapping the F11 key and then turn on the PC and select troubleshoot and click Reset and follow the online instructions
  • The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Click here for the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10) link.

• If you cannot use F11 at the startup or UEFI Firmware Settings, it's suggested to get a new recovery disc from HP support and then factory reset your computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.