cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Williamdäb
Level 2
34 17 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Power supply

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! i know that this is probably not the best community to ask this question but im wondering if anyone has had any experience with Gigabyte's power supplies? I'm thinking to bay a Gigabyte GP-P850GM 850W 80+ Gold PSU. Is it good? Is Gigabyte a good PSU brand? Will it work good in a few years? 

1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,654 9,301 2,966 11,415
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Williamdäb , welcome to the Community.

I'll tell you what I do when I buy a component.  I go to Newegg.com to read the Customer Reviews on the item.  They normally tell it like it is.  I have been doing this for years.  Here is the power supply unit (PSU) on Newegg: https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gp-p850gm-850w/p/N82E16817233032

It has 99 reviews for a rating of 3 Eggs.  I like to see as many reviews as possible and a rating of 4 Eggs before I will buy the component.  Here is a Corsair 860W for a bit more money: https://www.newegg.com/corsair-rm-series-rm850-cp-9020196-na-850w/p/N82E16817139248

It has 123 reviews with a rating of 4 Eggs.  Corsair has a 10 year warranty on their products.  The RM is their mid-range, quiet, series of PSU's.  It is very quiet because it has a Zero RPM fan mode.  This means the fan doesn't run until it reaches a certain temperature.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation