Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 0685no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got my Hp pavilion gaming 0685 no some time ago. The specs are Ryzen 7 3700x, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 super, 16gb ram, 80mm cpu fan and some 500w power. The processor has been very hot. It keeps being over 70 degrees (celsius). Sometime it jumps up to over 90 degrees and then fell back to 70-80. When i have use it hole morning (bc school), and i play after that the tempareture keep being 77 (average). It also be quite noisy when playng games.  That cpu fan has been 250-320 rpm when I play. When i play at weekends its usually  73 degrees (average)(because I havent used it so long time then). I also have noticed that the processor keeps like 4200mhz at hole time. And no, i havent overclocked it. What should I do for that? I think processor don't like that high temparetures.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Vals4,

What is the actual model number.  That 0685no is not the complete. Is it a TG01-0685no ?

Do you have the Ryzen Master program?   or any other CPU control program that came with the unit.

The installed Wraith cooler on Ryzen chip has been fully tested.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Vals4,

95 degrees is the max.    That fan speed should soar to 1900+ at those temps.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks u much! So what should I do for the cpu fan cooler? Do i have to get new one? Cpu limit is 95 degreees so does it mean that temp kill the cpu or only slow down clocks? What does those high temps do to my cpu?  

HP Recommended

@Vals4,

What is the actual model number.  That 0685no is not the complete. Is it a TG01-0685no ?

Do you have the Ryzen Master program?   or any other CPU control program that came with the unit.

The installed Wraith cooler on Ryzen chip has been fully tested.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Problem solved! So I watched one video. And i noticed that I had my processor going on 100% (windows settings). So the processor tried to be 4,4 ghrz (boost mode) the hole time. I put that to 99% so now it goes basicly like 3,5 ghrz. The temps are 50-60 (Celsius). And, yes i think it's Tg01-0685no. So thank u for helping me! Learned some english too :). Hope at this can help someone else too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.