Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen obelisk

Hey community! This is the fist time I've ordered from HP and I was wondering... It was ordered on the 24th (may )says 25th(June) for estimated arrival. Pretty standard components a 2060 super and a i7 9700k. So is it likely to come before then, since that is over 4 weeks so I assume that is like a worst case scenario like how Amazon almost always gets here early! I live in new York if that helps. Thanks! 

Also does anyone have a personal GUESS at when it may arrive? It says usually 2 weeks on the HP page for custom orders but 4 weeks on the order status

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Rreynolds 

Probably you already know: many HP machines are from overseas (most likely China) and with our current situation when nearly many ports are locked down. The exactly date is very hard to say.

I know many vendors, including HP, are doing their best to get products to their customers and all of us are wishing/praying for our lives get back to normal. Please wait.

Hope this makes sense.

Do you know how many people are out of work now ? Very sad.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much and yeah I know since new York is one of the hardest hit places in the U.S. I totally understand how it could be a descent wait and I'm fine with it, I'm sure there doing the best they can! Again thanks for the quick reply!

HP Recommended

Just for reference.... I purchased a custom computer from HP on 8 May 2020 which has not even reached "components gathered" stage as of yet.  It was slated for delivery for 8 June 2020, which echoes your one month timeline. I am currently awaiting an update from customer service. 

So yes, there is a global disruption.  But then again, this is the new normal. As of right now, I have effectively given HP a 0% loan of $2,500.

I received all peripherals for my new computer within days (not through HP).  In fact, I ordered two high value items (that had to be made) from mainland China which passed through customs and arrived at my door within 7 days... i had honestly expected these items to be severely delayed.  Yet they showed up very quickly.

I agree that patience is in order, although honesty is as well.  If you will not be able to meet your given timeline, then you should be making that very prominent, and updating affected customers in a timely manner.

HP Recommended

I agree, however mine never said anything other than just the bar in the tracking moving slowly to shipping so I assume they had my parts on hand, hopefully. Thanks for your input I just got my Asus monitor so now I just need the PC 

HP Recommended

UPDATE: an hp representative actually reached out to me to let me know the order is proceeding on time as expected so I guess that's good. 

HP Recommended

You're lucky then.

I was contacted today advising that my order will take another 30 days. (It was supposed to be delivered today) Obviously things aren't "normal"...

Again, peripherals that were constructed to order in mainland China got to my door on the other side of the planet in 7 days. Suffice to say, I'm weighing my options at this point and HP has not facilitated a continuation of this relationship.

HP Recommended

Maybe it's because mine is being made in Mexico I was informed instead of China? If you dont mind, I am quite interested in your situation if you want to keep me informed. I'll do the same in this thread 

HP Recommended

@Darwin37 you were right and I'm now in your situation, it's the night of my shipping day and it didn't ship 😔

HP Recommended

Yeah, I'm not very optimistic about mine shipping on the new quoted date, either.

When I go to the reorder option, the price drops but a prompt appears that "this configuration is currently unavailable".

I'm guessing HP is about to cancel my order.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.