Did you mean: 
Gburns53
Author
Level 2
13 11 0 4
Message 11 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your solution for an XMP slider option is good. Just have a switch.

Duh! I don't care about overclocking, I just want my RAM to work to spec!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Gburns53
Author
Level 2
13 11 0 4
Message 12 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

3rd times a charge. Thanks so much Hwsense. I believe I've solved it!

I just ignore what XTU is telling me in the XMP profile and ran it, reset it, ran it again.. That's been a little confusing. 

But as of now CPU-Z is telling me I'm running 32 gb of RAM at 3200 (1595.8 MHz) 15-17-17-32

My actual RAM is Corsair Veng. 4x8 3600 CL16.. but I will take that above!

So grateful I'm not going to have to do a bunch of returns. I'm not sure if this will reset, I'll keep an eye and still very hopeful HP provides a solution in their software to turn on XMP like you said.. just a slider or button. 

hwsense
Level 6
434 414 24 135
Message 13 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

They will never do that, purely out of stubbornness. Having a simple XMP on/off slider will be extremely simple, but they will never do it. 

Demonshaker
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Selling some OEM HP ram that will work properly with Omen Gaming hub. Used 1 day.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16GB-kit-2-x-8GB-HP-OEM-Kingston-HYPERX-FURY-DDR4-3200-MHz-RAM/193946873900

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation