2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ram Stick gets loose.

HP Omen 880-023d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I bought an HP Omen 880-023d (full AMD) last year. This PC has been going through problems.

For the past few months my PC keeps on giving out a beeping sound at startup about 4 times a row, then starts. The PC's two stick of RAM (both 8 GB), one of them does not seem to work. no matter how many times i fix, it happens again after a few days.

I cannot do gaming 8 hours a day with 16gb. I play AAA games.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Level 12
5,289 5,205 489 1,076
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ram Stick gets loose.

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You can review BIOS error codes (first group) at this HP Site (Link). A system memory error code yields a 3.2 cadence.

There should be a memory slot retention clip that locks the memory in place in the slot. Is this damaged? Are you constantly reseating the problematic memory module?

I would run HP Diagnostics to check memory.

Tap "ESC", the select "F2". Run System and Component tests.

Regards

0 Kudos
Mahdi25k
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ram Stick gets loose.

Hello,

Thank you for replying.

My PC does boot up after it finishes it. If I go check the RAM, then it says 7.9GB installed (which I think is 8GB). The link you sent me was for PC's that do not boot up. I searched for answers in the internet but unfortunately nothing came up. I re-seated the RAM many times before. 

I will surely try your solutions and let you know

Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 12
5,289 5,205 489 1,076
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ram Stick gets loose.

Hi,

You're very welcome.

I gave you this link because you provided a possible error code you are getting when you start your PC. The error code you provided is not listed as a specific error code by HP. So I gave you the closest error code I could find that relates to a memory problem.

Don't you want to know what the error code is telling you?

Contact HP Support if you are in extended warranty. Or try a local PC tech.

Regards

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation