Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P7AV)

Delivered on Feb 10, 2022. Ran great for seven months.  I don't use it for gaming; mainly to run Topaz Photo AI. One day it suddenly shutdown. And has continued to shutdown randomly, not just using Topaz. Sent it in for repair four times. First three times it came back and quickly began shutting down. The 4th time, last Sep and out of warrantee, it worked well for five months, then began shutting down again. That fourth time they replaced the mainboard and PSU. Before it would restart with one press of the start button. Lately it has become much harder to restart. May need to press start many times, unplug several times, now I must wait after that 30 secs or more to get it started. I have taken the side glass panel off and set a table fan to blow into the case. CPU 44C; GPU 25C... shutdown anyway. This morning I used MSI afterburner to set the power to 75% as someone here tried with success. That person added a second cable which fixed his issue. Might be worth trying. What cable would I order and where? And how? HP OMEN COOLER MASTER 800W 80 PLUS Gold ATX 12V Power Supply M19770-003, 24 Pin, 4+4 CPU, 6+2 Pin PCI Express, 6+6 Pin, SATA I
Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @888robert777,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've been through quite the ordeal with your PC. It's frustrating when you've tried multiple repairs and the issue persists. Let's see if we can troubleshoot this further.

• Power Supply Unit (PSU) and Cables: Since the PSU and mainboard have already been replaced once, the issue might still be related to power delivery. You can order additional power supply cables from various online retailers like Amazon or Newegg. Look for cables compatible with your specific power supply model, which seems to be the HP OMEN COOLER MASTER 800W PSU. When ordering, ensure you're getting the right cable types (e.g., 24-pin, 4+4 CPU, 6+2 Pin PCI Express, etc.). Replacing the cables is usually straightforward; they typically plug into the corresponding connectors on the PSU and components like the motherboard and graphics card.
  • Thermal Issues: Your temperature readings seem fine, but it's still worth checking if there are any thermal issues causing the shutdowns. Ensure that all fans are working correctly and that there's proper airflow within the case. Cleaning any dust buildup inside the case and on components can also help with cooling.
  • Software: Sometimes software issues can cause unexpected shutdowns. Make sure all your drivers are up to date, especially those related to your motherboard, graphics card, and power management. You might also want to run a diagnostic tool like Memtest86 to check for any memory issues.
  • Electrical Issues: It's possible there could be an electrical issue in your environment causing the shutdowns. Try plugging the PC into a different outlet or using a surge protector to see if that makes any difference.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you resolve the issue and get your PC running smoothly again.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply! I have a duster arriving tomorrow. I've never dusted any of my computers, but it may well help with this one. Saw one video where it did fix a crashing problem. I searched for a new cable set, but so far the only ones come with the PSU. Will try your other suggestions.

HP Recommended

Hi @888robert777,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.