Did you mean: 
Level 2
30 23 0 3
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Received my Omen 30L today

HP Recommended
GT13-0380t

Computer came FedEx today despite a bit of uncertainty. Unfortunately, I will not be allowed to touch it until Christmas day, lol.

For reference.....

Ordered 11-15 direct from HP.

Original ship date was 12-14.

Ended up shipping 12-16

Did not get a shipped email or status change from HP until 12-18

Arrived 12-20

Omen 30L GT13-0380t - custom options

Intel i7-10700k w/RGB liquid cooler

32GP non RBG ram

WD black 1 TB SSD

RTX 3080

Wifi 6 

Not sure if this info helps anyone waiting on their computer..............

Have 32GB of memory ordered from HyperX I am not sure what I'm doing with yet and a 1TB WD black SSD to install as a second storage option.

Excited and a bit nervous. Any setup tips welcome!

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Level 15
Level 15
2,772 2,738 294 1,193
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I doubt it will help anyone else ..

deliveries cannot be the same for all.

Excited and a bit nervous. Any setup tips welcome!

that said, what is your question exactly?

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Level 6
348 333 18 97
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am very interested to see what kind of temperatures you will be getting on that 10700K, hopefully a lot lower than ours on the 10850K and 10900K. Congrats on receiving it!

0 Kudos
Author
Level 2
30 23 0 3
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Promethee Just trying to spread some hope. Been a long time since I have had a decent desktop or messed with hardware, questions will come most likely.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 2
30 23 0 3
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hwsense I’d be happy to share temp info once I get everything up and running. I do also have a few questions for you, haven’t figured out how to PM on the forum.

I watched your newest video and found it helpful I think.

0 Kudos
Level 6
348 333 18 97
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Appreciate the support, ask me any questions you might have. 

0 Kudos
Author
Level 2
30 23 0 3
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So like I said, won't be able to open mine up until Christmas day. I am wondering if there are any differences between the Amazon and direct from HP models. 

Storage - Find it interesting that the SSD is installed in the other slot compared to your other computer. It is cool that there is now a heat sink on the SSD.

Is there also a heat sink in place for the unused M.2 port?

Is it likely that I will need to remove the graphics card to install a second M.2 SSD drive?

Memory - Not sure if you have seen this. Seems promising maybe, if you go down towards the bottom and read the note.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-desktop-pc-30l-gt13-0000i/33492325/model/2100180165/docume...

Now if I remember right, you said somewhere that the OEM installed memory is still not really using the XMP timings? If this is the case I am going to go ahead and mess with the intel tuning utility and probably also add the 2x16GB sticks I have. If the OEM installed memory is working as intended by HyperX out of the box I may send back the memory I bought separate and just leave well enough alone.

I may have more questions once I start getting setup. I figure I will get the computer running and windows configured and other misc tasks done before I go adding memory or the SSD just to make sure it's all good out of the box. Then the fun will start, haha.

0 Kudos
Level 6
348 333 18 97
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes they are using JEDEC instead of XMP. 

0 Kudos
Level 2
18 16 0 3
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Arrg lol I ordered mine on the 13th and I'm still waiting,it's in my town at the fedex facility.hp says its going to be delivered today but fedex is saying tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 2
30 23 0 3
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well at least you know it's close!

My FedEx tracking varied quite a bit. Had said tomorrow at one point. Was saying it would be delivered Monday when it showed up Sunday night.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation