Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0380t CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

I was having issues with xbox game pass,some kind of permission issue I believe.I tried multiple different fixes without success.so today i tried just reseting windows.first i tried a local install of windows while trying to keep my personal files intact but this did not solve the problem so I tried to reset windows from the cloud.i figured it would delete all my apps and games but would fix the issue but now I'm locked out of my pc,it shows my login account but when I select it says "the user profile service  service failed the sign in,user profile cannot be loaded".I'm totally stuck and don't know what to do,any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Perhaps you can get to the Windows Recovery and restore your PC. If not, my first instinct would be to reinstall Windows 11 Home using a clean iso, your license should already be linked to your Microsoft account if you linked it initially.

Try to:

• get to the sign-in screen, and then restart your PC by pressing the Shift key while you select the Power button > Restart in the lower-right corner of the screen. Alternatively try pressing F11 on boot.
  • Your PC will restart in the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment
  • Restore your PC using one of the built-in functions.

Also you might want to check this out:
https://www.makeuseof.com/ways-to-boot-into-the-windows-recovery-environment/

Perhaps googling for the exact error might give you a more specific fix, but reinstalling Win 11 Home without all the HP bloatware, or perhaps even upgrading to Win 11 Pro for more advanced anti-telemetry options could be worth it. (Note: you can get the bloatware you want later (e.g. Omen Gaming Hub) by looking in the Driver & Software section for your specific product.) You can get the proper .iso files from Microsoft themselves.
Like the first thing I did was switch to a non-HP iso and go through the annoying steps of breaking Microsoft Telemetry.
You might also enjoy programs such as StartAllBack (paid) and PowerToys (free) if you'd like to customize your Windows 11.
For more info about device privacy settings:
https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-10-11-disable-telemetry/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Perhaps you can get to the Windows Recovery and restore your PC. If not, my first instinct would be to reinstall Windows 11 Home using a clean iso, your license should already be linked to your Microsoft account if you linked it initially.

Try to:

• get to the sign-in screen, and then restart your PC by pressing the Shift key while you select the Power button > Restart in the lower-right corner of the screen. Alternatively try pressing F11 on boot.
  • Your PC will restart in the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment
  • Restore your PC using one of the built-in functions.

Also you might want to check this out:
https://www.makeuseof.com/ways-to-boot-into-the-windows-recovery-environment/

Perhaps googling for the exact error might give you a more specific fix, but reinstalling Win 11 Home without all the HP bloatware, or perhaps even upgrading to Win 11 Pro for more advanced anti-telemetry options could be worth it. (Note: you can get the bloatware you want later (e.g. Omen Gaming Hub) by looking in the Driver & Software section for your specific product.) You can get the proper .iso files from Microsoft themselves.
Like the first thing I did was switch to a non-HP iso and go through the annoying steps of breaking Microsoft Telemetry.
You might also enjoy programs such as StartAllBack (paid) and PowerToys (free) if you'd like to customize your Windows 11.
For more info about device privacy settings:
https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-10-11-disable-telemetry/

HP Recommended

Nice yes,just before you responded I read another post that suggested the hold shift while restarting and it worked,and it seems to have fixed the original gamepass problem I had too.i thought I was going to have to buy another copy of windows or something.this time I just used a local install and it seemes to have worked.i seriously appreciate your reply too.i was kinda panicky.

HP Recommended

Glad to hear you got it fixed and happy to help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.