Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 880-010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an hp omen nd wondered if its compatible with the pci 4.0 cards like rx5700 or rtx 2080 im pretty sure its a higos m.b. with 1st gen ryzen. I know the power supply needs upgraded cuz its just a 500 w but just need to know if pci 4.0 is compatible thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rcadwell , welcome to the forum.

The PCIex 16 slot on your motherboard is Gen. 3.  You can find this information in the link that I provided in the section titled "Video Graphics".  I believe the RTX 2080 video cards (Gen. 4) would be backward compatible, but you would not get the full benefit from them.  I have a RTX 2080 (Gen. 3) in my custom build and it plays any game that I try at full settings without any problems.

The first thing that you need to do is measure the space where the card will be installed from the Back I/O ports to the front of the case to assure that it will fit.  There should be enough space to allow for very good airflow.  These cards have great ventilation, but still can get very hot while gaming.  Also, the one in my link has a support that mounts beneath it.  It is very heavy.

I suggest that you choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your system.  This will save you time, money and frustration.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.